christmas

\

Monday, March 23, 2009

"OUR" First Injury

"We" had "our" first injury this week. Sophia was running and fell face first into the kitchen table leg. It happened so fast, yet so slow. I was so afraid to pick her up because I did not know what I was about to see. It was her NOSE and HEAD. I don't want to go into details, but her nose was pretty bad. I was acting like a mad woman, not surprising! I ran over to my neighbors house, of course no one home. She started bleeding pretty bad so off to the doctors. They said they couldn't be sure it wasn't broken because it was swollen so bad. We had to wait there for a little while to see if it started to form blood clots inside her nostrils. Needless to say it was awful for her, but Mommy and Daddy were an awful mess!!!

I realized this is just the start of it and can honestly say, I AM NOT READY FOR THIS!!!! I now know there is not only a difference between girls and boys but also the difference in the parenting them. Parents of little boys seem so much more relaxed. There was a couple families in the waiting room at the Dr's. A mother and her boy and a mother and her little girl. The boy mom was like oh this stuff happens all the time, no big deal, get used to it, I wouldn't even have brought him in. The little girl's mother was just as nervous as I was for Sophia. I am not ready for BOYS!!!!!

Here are a few pictures of her, these don't look as bad as it looked in person.

This picture does not do justice, this look great


The Culprit

1 comment:

  1. aw sophia! that darn chair leg! i'm happy she's OK! it's funny that your doctor said shes the size of 3 year old becuase i was just talking to ay abou thow i thought she looked like she was three!

    -brooke

    ReplyDelete