What an exciting day! Sophia, Dave and I went to the Strong Museum today in Rochester, NY about 60 miles East of Buffalo. It is a Museum of Play! Sophia absolutely loved it. I have to say, I am a little embarrassed, I think I might have enjoyed it the most though. There are so many interacting activities. There is kid sized grocery store. The kids get to go shopping, pretend they are the bakers, the managers, the butchers. The registers, the conveyor belts, the microphones are all real. I am really embarrassed about a video I posted of myself cashing out, but I had to post it. Dave kept telling me I was enjoying it the most, this is proof! You can see just how excited I was, I am basically pushing my 22 month old daughter out of the way! Awful. Hey, I haven't lost the child in me and Sophia is a little too young yet to cash out...is that a good enough excuse!?!?! They had a butterfly exhibit, Sesame Street, Mr. Potato Head, Berenstain Bears, Toy Hall of Fame. Unbelievable!
~~ I have to put a side note in, maybe it will explain why I am pushing my daughter out of the way...You see when I saw about 8 years old, my mom would take my to BJ's Warehouse. They sold cash registers, I loved to play on them. My mom always said if it ever went on sale for under $100, I could have one of my very own!! Lucky me, it went on sale for $99. My mom always says it was the best investment, it lasted a very long time and I played on it for years...Still would if it was around.



Mr. Potato Head took a little swim in the Hudson River!!


Enjoying a little time with Elmo!



Look at her zipping around, a true little mommy

Hot Dog anyone?

Sesame Street

Butterflies, EVERYWHERE!!

Minutes after we left...playing all day is exhausting!
What a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment